- CICS and Batch applications make heavy use of keyed indexed VSAM (KSDS) files.
- VSAM is a prime bottleneck to the performance of these systems. IAM, eliminates VSAM's (KSDS and ESDS) bottleneck by slashing I/O and CPU time.
- IAM's Real Time Tuning monitors I/O activity, dynamically changing the number of buffers and I/O chaining.
- IAM completely eliminates the I/O to the VSAM index. IAM executes fewer instructions per record request.
- Batch processing times are dramatically reduced by 50 to 80%.
- IAM does not require users to make any modifications to their operating system. IAM does not replace any operating system access methods.
- IAM is designed to coexist with VSAM.
- IAM with data compression takes less CPU time than VSAM and significantly less than software compression products.
- IAM's file structure and software compression technique is significantly faster than VSAM's hardware compression, while giving comparable or better space reduction.
- IAM delivers superior performance and better space savings while using less CPU time.